The City & County of Honolulu offers a real property tax credit to property owners who meet certain eligibility requirements. Applicants who qualify, are entitled to a tax credit equal to the amount of taxes owed for the current tax year that exceed 3% of the titleholders’ combined gross income. This tax credit will be applied to next year’s taxes.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
- Homeowner must have a home exemption in effect at the time of application and for the following tax year.
- Any of the titleholders do not own any other property anywhere.
- The combined income of all titleholders cannot exceed $60,000.
How Do I Apply for the Tax Credit Program?
Applications will be available from July 1, 2018 at the following locations:
· All Satellite City Halls
· Treasury Division at 530 South King St. Room 115, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.
· Tax Relief Section at 715 South King St. Room 505, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.
What is the Application Deadline? October 1, 2018
Important Reminder: You must file annually for this credit.
For more information contact the Real Property Tax Relief Office at 768-3205 or view the brochure at http://www.honolulu.gov/rep/site/bfs/treasury_docs/2019_Tax_Credit_Information_Brochure.pdf
Information furnished is subject to change without notice.