The City & County of Honolulu offers a real property tax credit to property owners
who meet certain eligibility requirements. If you qualify, the maximum real property
tax owed would not exceed 3% or 4% of your income, depending on your age.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
- Homeowner must have a home exemption in effect at the time of application and for the following tax year.
- Any of the titleholders do not own any other property anywhere.
- The combined income of all titleholders cannot exceed $60,000.
How Do I Apply for the Tax Credit Program?
- Complete an application available at the following locations in early July:
- Satellite City Halls
- Treasury Division at Honolulu Hale
- Tax Relief Section at the Standard Financial Bldg.
- Online (here)
What is the Application Deadline? October 2, 2017
Important Reminder: You must file annually for this credit.
For more information contact the Real Property Tax Relief Office at 768-3205 or view the brochure at http://www.honolulu.gov/rep/site/bfs/treasury_docs/2018_Tax_Credit_Information_Brochure.pdf
Information furnished is subject to change without notice.